Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Updates from the field

As mentioned in the previous post, I have just finished a call from the Club Anbesa boys and manager.

Some current updates for those invested in the lives of the boys:

They were SO excited to see us (Zeru and I) and were in good spirits.

Not all were present, but the 5 boys involved in the business start up were present as well as a handful of others.

I was told about a pay it forward plan they come up with as a team to pay back their loans to directly influence the rest of the team.

One boy reported that the boys were continuing to be involved in the football (soccer) training and matches.

I was informed by one boy (with several of the team members present) that before they receive uniforms they would like soccer cleats, as this would greatly benefit their training and play.

(This is timely information as I have been raising funds for the uniforms)

the boys who are selling products for their small business have already begun using their money to re-stock their businesses! (re-investing in their business!)

The Club sounds motivated, encouraged, and growing in character day by day. I could not be prouder of Club Anbesa!

(Before making a final decision on the soccer cleats vs. uniform purchase decision I will need to be sure the rest of team agrees to this- or at least the majority- as those who mentioned it have already received a uniform, but I know of at least one boy who has not who may not agree)

No comments:

Post a Comment